Our costumes were pretty great this year. Though I will admit, Louis's was anticlimactic, in a way, since he had already been wearing his fireman costume for weeks -- and, I regret to report, as I write this on January 8th, honestly his fireman obsession is even more intense (in fact, he yelled at me when we were away in Dallas when I tried to put on a regular shirt -- he declared, "I'm a man! A man wears a firecoat!"). He wears his fire coat nearly every day, unless he gets "defrocked" -- taking away his firecoat is the single most effective punishment we've ever levied against either of our children (hurray for that!). He wears it to school most days. He wore it on the plane to Burbank. He wore the firehat with a fur coat and green rainboots to the grocery store today. His outfits are so hilarious and bizaare I hardly even notice them any more, but I really should take more photos. Often they are accompanied by his new work gloves from Grandma Mary or safety goggles. When Summer and Dev gave him a railroad engineer outfit for Christmas, which he enjoys tremendously, he insisted that it was a "fire worker" outfit -- not a train driver. Basically, in his mind, firemen are the ultimate super-heros, though honestly it might be primarily because of their gear and their ladders rather than any acts of heroism per se...
I digress...
Look at Rosemary's paper flower hat, made entirely by Kyle and Rosemary! Isn't it the greatest?
We went trick-or-treating with the Barkers and Chamber-Worrels again this year, after Alicia made us a delicious dinner and the kids had an absolute blast running around the yard. It was great fun, and the trick-or-treating was almost an after-thought!
This video was taken at Rosemary's class Halloween parade -- they are singing "Bats are Sleeping," which I thought was pretty cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment