Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Year of Happy Hikers and Old Friends

Now that Rosemary and her pals are in pre-K, which is 5-days a week, sadly they can no longer do Happy Hikers. But the tradition continues! The next generation, for some reason, happens to consist primarily of little blond boys who also are FAST! We've gone on three hikes so far, and two of them really were more like jogs. Louis still whines for me to carry him quite a lot, but he can go pretty far when he puts his mind to it. Unfortunately he hasn't really been himself all fall due to severe allergies and asthma, but, I think we've finally turned a corner. And he *is* talking up a storm lately.
Over Labor Day weekend, I got away to my dear friend Amy Entholt's wedding. It was SUCH a great weekend -- the first weekend I have gone away by myself that I didn't leave feeling exhausted and a wreck, so I was able to keep up. It was quite a treat -- Katie and I shared a hotel in Boston and Julie drove up from Providence to meet us. The rest of the weekend was spent in the best kind of reliving the past -- meeting up with old friends who are happy and doing well, visiting old haunts that are filled with happy memories. We stayed up until TWO or something crazy two nights in a row, and I managed to survive.

Phil and Rebecca have an incredible house in Belmont, and were kind enough to take us to the wedding.
 Katie and Phil at the wedding -- in the absolute loveliest of settings in the Arboretum.
 Sneaking up on the bride and groom getting their pictures taken at sunset.
 Enjoying lobster -- this was at the end of one of several death marches that Katie took us on (first was for coffee and breakfast sandwiches -- that I didn't take too kindly too since I really prefer my coffee delivered to me in bed).

 An unusal event! The female Cerny cousins out on the town together the night I arrived!
 And doing some performance art...


James took the kids to Chicago while I was away and to the Sheboygan County Fair, which was a real treat for him and Mary & Dan. Then I joined them on Sunday and we went apple picking. Unfortunately it was REALLY hot and didn't feel too fall-like, but the kids really enjoyed it anyway.

 
 


No comments: