Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Prepping for First Day of School

Today was our back-to-school meet-the-teachers open house -- and Rosemary's first day of school is tomorrow. Rosemary will be in pre-K with Ms. Vicky this year, five half-days a week, and Louis will repeat Ms. Jennifer's 2's class 3 half-days a week. Rosemary was very very excited to go back to school and to see her friends. I was happy to see that she has a small class (only 10!) this year, and that all the kids have early fall birthdays like she does. Most of the kids in the class, other than Esme, I've never met, so it will be nice for her to have some new friends. Louis seemed fairly nonplussed to be back, though had his usual suspicious look about him. He sure LOOKED bigger than his classmates! It will be interesting to see how he handles being one of the oldest kids in the class this year.
 
 
 Also to get ready for school, I purged last year's art from our walls, making room for (very likely the same :-) this year's art. I need to take pictures of the art projects that Kyle does with the kids -- and especially from Tiger Ground Art Camp -- as they are MUCH more imaginative.
This is a very cute picture Rosemary made at home with Nani, using a book I had when I was little by Ed Emberly.
 The alphabet, which Rosemary's class worked on last year (I think they got it down...)
 This was Louis's most "expressive" piece of art of last year -- most of the projects come back looking like he had very little to do with them, but I think he did this one all himself.
 I thought this one of Rosemary's was very pretty
 Louis's hand turkey (I'm sure this one will come up again)
 Rosemary's handmade Valentine's for us, and Nani's to her and Louis.

No comments: