Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fiesta and Early Christmas Fun

I have so much catch-up blogging to do that I'm going to keep the captions brief, but above are the proud parents of a PHI BETA KAPPA graduate, Maureen Kumar. We had yet another "half-assed" party in our backyard in honor of all things Maureen -- this time with a live eight piece mariachi, catering by Sazon, and the most interesting cake anyone has ever seen. Julie was able to finish her final critique and make it just in time for the party.

After the party was over (but the queso, beer, and the 20 pounds of Silver Palate chili I had made was not) we continued to have an awesome time with Aunt Julie, doing cool things like ice skating. I found it extremely difficult to skate w/ a kid between my legs but we did it anyway, and Louis seemed to have pretty great balance.


A surprise visit from Santa! Rosemary gave him her letter, which asked very sweetly for "Aquabeads" and a "Kinderegg." Santa didn't really know what either of those things were. Obviously he was in on the American ban of Kindereggs (which I found out after calling four or five stores) due to the danger of "mixing toys with food." What? Good thing Santa was able to find illegal Russian knockoffs.
We were all able to make it to the St. Marks Christmas Chapel, where Rosemary was a little angel singing with a golden voice, and Louis was too shy to get up on stage (he just cried in his teacher's lap, poor kid).


Our last Happy Hikers hike before Christmas
All the excitement of Fiesta, upcoming Christmas, and aunts in town meant Rosemary started not to sleep (seriously) at least 2 weeks before Christmas day. I was halfway tempted to just get it over with and celebrate early.

No comments: