Thursday, October 29, 2009

A cute foot at two weeks

Little Louis is almost three weeks old. I was just looking back at Rosemary's blog from around the same time and I guess I glossed over how incredibly hard it was to take care of her as a newborn. The only indication of this is that it isn't until her one month birthday where I mention that I left the house for the first time alone with her (ikes! I left the house for several hours today with Louis -- we went to Noah's bagels, the grocery store, and the doctor while Leticia took care of Rosemary). Louis, on the other hand, is really, really mellow and primarily sleeps and eats. But he does spend time in "quiet alert" with his eyes open, looking around, and NOT crying. My mom left yesterday, which was sad (Rosemary woke up from her nap yesterday demanding to "see Nani") -- it was really wonderful to have her around for so long, and I really needed the help with Rosemary -- but I didn't feel as panicky as when she left last time. Having her around really helped us get out and about and helping Rosemary adjust -- we did all kinds of things the past 2 weeks like go to the Museum of Natural History, Huntington Children's garden, the zoo, out to dinner, to a party at Dev & Summer's house -- all things we didn't DARE do with Rosemary (as she cried so much). Overall, the second time (particularly because I don't feel physically awful!) has been way easier! James, on the other hand, is pretty tired (see below -- Rosemary dressed him up and he's so downtrodden he couldn't even protest).

No comments: